Stuffed Pork Chops - One of My Best Recipes Ever
Pork Chops great by them selves, but take it to a whole new level by stuffing them. Sometimes we find it hard to come up with new ways to prepare our family’s supper. I like to usually pick out my protein and then think of what I can do to bring it to a new level. This usually has me staring at the pantry, wondering what I can do. Then I usually get the inspiration from the things I don’t have in stock.
Portobello Mushrooms and Pine Nuts
|For this inspiration I needed pine nuts, portobello mushrooms, and of course an onion. I want to make a stuffed pork chop, with a side of Brussel sprouts. And since my mushroom mixture yields more than enough for the stuffing, I’ll add it to the sprouts along with some uncured bacon.|
- 2 Thick Pork Chops
- 4 portabella mushrooms
- handful of pine nuts
- One large Onion
- ¼ pound of non-salted thick slab pork belly
- 20 large Brussel sprouts
- Butchers twine, or cotton string.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Clean the Portobello Mushrooms removing gills
- Chop into 1/4 inch pieces
- Chop Onions.
- Roast Pine nuts
- Saute the Mushrooms and onions until most of the moisture is evaporated off. Set aside to cool.
- Combine pine nuts to cool mushrooms and onions.
- Butterfly the Pork Chops
- Season and put 3 table spoons of stuffing in each chop.
- tie up with butchers twine.
- Sear all sides on high heat.
- Finish in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
You can watch the whole process on my Youtube Channel