Oven Baked Pork Ribs - Slow Roasted Ribs that Melt in your Mouth!
Fall off the bone tender, succulent, juicy and moist Pork Ribs. When these are on sale, can make a great meal.
Spare ribs also called side ribs are a variety cooked and eaten in various cuisines around the world. They are cut from the lower portion of the pig specifically the belly and breastbone, behind the shoulder, and include 11 to 13 long bones.
In the 1800’s barbecue ribs originated in the US and if you want to start a civil culinary war, just say Kentucky, or Carolina, or Virginia barbecue is the best.
For me it doesn’t matter. They are all Fantastic eats.
One bone I have as a value conscious chef, is usually the price to pay for a little meat, and a lot of bone. BUT, sometimes you can get these delectable morsels on sale, and when you do, this is how I like to cook them.
How to Prepare.
- About 5 pounds of Pork Ribs.
- An Oven Roaster with Cover
- Disposable Gloves
- For the Rub ABOUT
- one cup of brown sugar
- one tablespoon of garlic powder
- one tablespoon of Onion Powder
- one teaspoon of cayenne Powder
- one teaspoon chipotle Powder
- one tablespoon of ground black pepper
- one table spoon of kosher salt
- For the Sauce
- one half cup of ketchup
- one half cup of Brown Sugar
- one quarter cup of soya sauce
- two tablespoons of whole grain mustard
- one quarter cup of Worcestershire sauce
- one quarter cup of apple cider vinegar
- One tablespoon of granulated garlic
- two tablespoons of Apple Juice
- two table spoons of Orange Juice
- Salt and pepper
- Clean off silver skin on Ribs>
- Put rub all over ribs and place in covered pan.
- Bake at 300 for 3 hours.
- Remove from oven, cover in BBQ sauce, put back in oven for 30 minutes at 250.
Use this to store your salt.