Pulled Pork Any Time - How to cook a Pork Shoulder Sometimes you can buy pork shoulders or butts on special. Stock up on these and I'll show you how to cook them so you can have pulled pork anytime. Make sandwiches or serve stand alone, this is a fantastic tasting and easy dish
The Stock Strainer can be found at the link.[amazon_link asins='B0002YTGIQ' template='ProductCarousel' store='FP054-20' marketplace='US' link_id='36baa0ab-3f0b-11e7-91be-5f1f926b4b45']
If you like a pulled pork sandwich, this is the easiest way I have found to get that tender, stringy pork for your sandwiches. The video is on Youtube now Click Here.
- 3 to 5 lb Pork Shoulder skin on.
- 2 onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Roasting Pan
- Salt and Pepper
- your favorite BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 500 F
- Slice through skin of shoulder to allow seasoning to get to fat.
- Liberally season the pork shoulder or butt with salt and pepper getting a lot of it between the skin slices.
- Cut up onions and put n bottom of pan.
- Toss in separated garlic
- Roast uncovered at 500 for 30 minutes
- Reduce heat to 250 F and cover with tin foil
- Slow cook for 5 to 6 hours
- Remove pork and let rest.
- Drain pan drippings into stock separator to eliminate fat, and make an Au Jus
- Start shredding the meat from the shoulder with 2 forks, or just pull apart.
- Use the Au Jus or your favorite BBQ sauce to make a sandwich, or what ever you would like.