Poached Egg on Mushroom Bed - Mothers bed in Breakfast.
A great breakfast or brunch item this poached egg in a mixed mushroom and smokey bacon dish is the perfect bed in breakfast treat. Easy to make and even easier to eat. The creamy yolk will tempt your taste buds. What mother doesn't like to be pampered on her day? This is an easy to prepare breakfast and is healthy and tasty. Served with a cup of coffee or tea, some orange juice, and a rose. Don't forget to do the dishes as well. Mom will appreciate it. Want to learn how to make a Perfect poached egg? I have posted the video here.
- 2 Eggs – Room Temp
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 shallot
- 1/3 cup of oyster mushrooms
- 1/3 cup of Enoki mushrooms
- 1/3 cup of Shiitake mushrooms
- some avocado mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. of Extra virgin olive oil
- couple pieces of smoked bacon
- nice thick slice of Sour Dough Bread
- Cook the bacon to render out the fat.
- Cook shallots in bacon until translucent. About 3 minutes
- Add mushrooms and sweat them until reduced, about 3 minutes.
- In simmering water add salt and vinegar.
- Add eggs to water and gently stir in one direction.
- Poach egg for about 2 minutes, remove and let dry on paper towel.
- Toast bread and add mayo, then top with mushroom mix and egg.
- Garnish with chives.
Thanks for visiting, I look forward to helping you eat healthier, shop smarter and cook better. [amazon_link asins='B00BIX20VK' template='ProductCarousel' store='FP054-20' marketplace='US' link_id='40aa6e08-3bc0-11e7-90c7-1b6ef24ecccc'] Chef Mike Moses
Poached egg on mushroom and bacon toast.