Potato Salad - Using Avocado Mayo Makes this Delicious and Perfect.
One of the most common salads is the potato salad.
European style potato salad is generally served warm and incorporates vinegar or olive oil and herbs. Potato salad was later introduced to America by European settlers and, by the nineteenth century, Americans created a variation of the European-style potato salad to include mayonnaise.
Play with your food.
This salad is a great base for the inclusion of vegetables, but my perfect potato salad focus’ on the potato. the twist is Avocado Oil Mayonnaise. The tartness and healthy benefits of Avocado Oil makes a delicious salad.
Here's what we need:
- 6 Large russet potatoes
- 2 Shallots thinly sliced finely chopped
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 cup of avocado mayonnaise
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- Smoked paprika
- Take your 6 eggs and hard boil them.
- Place in a pot, cover with water.
- bring the pot up to boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and wait 10 minutes.
- Peel, square, and dice your potatoes, placing them in water immediately after they are cut.
- Once you have all your potatoes ready, place in a pot add 1 teaspoon of table salt and bring to a gentle boil.
- These are going to boil until they are fully cooked, but slightly firm.
- When cooked remove from the heat, and run some cold water over them, until you can feel the cold water in the pot.
- Cover until you’re ready to use, which shouldn’t be that long.
- Dice your shallots, and your green onions.
- Measure out your avocado mayonnaise and then start to peel your cold eggs.
- Drain your potatoes very well. No residual water.
- Put in a large bowl, add the roughly chopped eggs, shallots, and ½ of the green onions.
- Add your avocado mayonnaise, and with a wooden spoon start to fold in the mayonnaise. Gently fold until everything is coated evenly.
- Taste and season if necessary.
- Then place the ½ egg slices at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock, and sprinkle lightly with your smoked paprika. You just want enough to bring out some color, and add a little flavor.
- Finally sprinkle the rest of your green onions on the dish.
- Cover with some plastic wrap and this will keep chilled for up to 2 days.
[amazon_link asins='B00K4QF4HO' template='ProductCarousel' store='FP054-20' marketplace='US' link_id='f08a136c-ee4e-11e7-b6e9-bf7cfd6cf6f7']Watch the video here.