Oven Baked Crispy 'Fried' Chicken and Fondant Potatoes.
Oven Baked Crispy 'Fried' Chicken. This is a health alternative to deep fat frying your chicken. An oven baked chicken is crispy, packed full of flavor and easy to make. I've posted a video on my Youtube Channel Click Here If you buy your chicken whole, you can cut it up, and save lots of money. My example is that I spent 16 dollars on 3 good sized chickens. Cut them up to yield 6 breasts ($21.00) 6 legs and thighs ($16.00) and 12 Chicken wings ($5.00). I saved 26 dollars, just by butchering the chickens myself.
How to Cook the Chicken
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons FireHall Hot Sauce Mild
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, broken down
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Combine the spices, vinegar, egg and hot sauce into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl place your chicken in it skin side down.
- Pour your marinade over the chicken, ensuring everything gets coated.
- store in refrigerator over night, or 2 hours minimum.
- Preheat oven to 400
- After marinading is complete. Add panko breadcrumbs to a separate bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Take your butter and melt it in a shallow baking pan in the oven.
- Coat your chicken with the bread crumbs, and then place skin side down in the baking pan and butter.
- Put in oven for 1 hour, after 30 minutes turn your chicken over.
. 60 minutes in the oven is all it takes.
This was one of my favorite recipes of the week.
Easy to make, and easier to eat. Hot or Cold this crispy chicken packs a punch.
Oven Baked Crispy 'Fried' Chicken.