Cream of Mushroom Soup...Best in the World!
I'm not kidding. this recipe is on my YouTube channel now Click Here. Soup has been around for as long as the history of cooking. Mushrooms even longer.
What was it on one fateful day that caused someone to add mushrooms to the pot?
And from my research, it was not just any pot. Mushrooms appeared in culinary recipes in China, Spain, Ireland and Russia from 7000 BC to the 13th Century. Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup, gives you the satisfaction of making something nutritious and great tasting for any time of the year.
But in the middle of winter, this hearty warm soup really hits the spot. You can make it as thin or as thick as you like, you can add potatoes, rice, almost anything you can think of to this versatile base. We are going to make a mild wild Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- 3 cups of chopped Button Mushrooms
- 1 cup of Mixed Dried Wild Mushrooms
- ½ cup of boiling water
- 900 ML of Mushroom Stock
- ¼ cup of butter
- ¼ cup of flour
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 table spoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Soak wild Mushrooms in boiling hot water, clean and chop button mushrooms.
- In frying pan add EVO and the button mushrooms. Stirring frequently until they have reduced in size to half.
- Strain the wild mushrooms and add to frying pan, reserve the liquid.
- Remove from heat and put pot on stove. Add butter and flour and whisk constantly util flour is brown in color and butter stops foaming.
- Add stock gently and stir.
- Add mushrooms, and 1/2 of the reserved wild mushroom juice.
- Bring to boil then with immersion blender, blend the soup up to a fine consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then add cream.
- Re taste and season as desired.
- Bring to a simmer and serve.