Chicken Skillet Taco's.
Take taco night to a new level with this one pan dish that is easy on clean up and HUGE on flavor. This healthy dish is low in fat with chicken, some sausage, and a load of veggies that, if you don't tell your kids, is actually good for them. I pack spinach, zucchini, red and green peppers into the mix and to control the heat I also make my own taco seasoning.
For the fun factor you eat this with a romaine lettuce leaf so you could say it is gluten free. No dirty dishes tonight. You will see how to make this on Sunday on my you tube channel
Taco Seasoning Mix
Chef Mike Moses
Home made taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Onion powder
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp dried Oregano
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt (or table salt)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in air tight container.
Chicken Skillet Taco's
Chef Mike Moses
In One skillet you can make this great dish.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 mild Italian sausage (skinned)
- 14 1/3 oz diced tomatoes (can)
- 3 shallots
- 2 tablespoons of home made taco seasoning
- 3 cups of greens (spinach, kale, beet greens)
- 1 zucchini
- ½ green pepper
- ½ red pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Juice of ½ lime squeezed
- 2 table spoons of green onions
- cilantro chopped.
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Optional)
- Romaine Lettuce for serving
- Bring skillet up to about 375 degrees, add 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil.Bring your 10 inch skillet up to medium high and add the oil.
- Once it is hot, add your chicken and sausage.
- Season with a little kosher salt and pepper.
- Cook until browned, then spoon out any excess fat, put this in a heat proof vessel for disposal in your green bin.
- Add the tomatoes..we want these to break down a little so about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add your shallots and peppers, continue stirring until the shallots are translucent.
- Now add your greens and zucchini.
- Stir and cook until the greens are wilted and the zucchini is cooked, yet still firm. About 3 minutes.
- if you want to add cheese, turn off heat, add and serve.
An easy and health meal to prepare any time for your family.