Chicken Skillet Taco's.
Take taco night to a new level with this one pan dish that is easy on clean up and HUGE on flavor. This healthy dish is low in fat with chicken, some sausage, and a load of veggies that, if you don't tell your kids, is actually good for them. I pack spinach, zucchini, red and green peppers into the mix and to control the heat I also make my own taco seasoning.
For the fun factor you eat this with a romaine lettuce leaf so you could say it is gluten free. No dirty dishes tonight. You will see how to make this on Sunday on my you tube channel
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Onion powder
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp dried Oregano
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt (or table salt)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in air tight container.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 mild Italian sausage (skinned)
- 14 1/3 oz diced tomatoes (can)
- 3 shallots
- 2 tablespoons of home made taco seasoning
- 3 cups of greens (spinach, kale, beet greens)
- 1 zucchini
- ½ green pepper
- ½ red pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Juice of ½ lime squeezed
- 2 table spoons of green onions
- cilantro chopped.
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Optional)
- Romaine Lettuce for serving
- Bring skillet up to about 375 degrees, add 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil.Bring your 10 inch skillet up to medium high and add the oil.
- Once it is hot, add your chicken and sausage.
- Season with a little kosher salt and pepper.
- Cook until browned, then spoon out any excess fat, put this in a heat proof vessel for disposal in your green bin.
- Add the tomatoes..we want these to break down a little so about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add your shallots and peppers, continue stirring until the shallots are translucent.
- Now add your greens and zucchini.
- Stir and cook until the greens are wilted and the zucchini is cooked, yet still firm. About 3 minutes.
- if you want to add cheese, turn off heat, add and serve.
An easy and health meal to prepare any time for your family.