Broccoli and Cheddar Soup - Good for the Soul
What could say comfort better than Broccoli and Cheddar? You'll need
- Butter 125 grams
- small onion, chopped
- 125 grams cup all-purpose flour
- 250 ml blend cream (18 percent Butter Fat)
- 900 ml low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 500 ml broccoli florets (about 1 head)
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 675 ml grated old cheddar cheese, plus more for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender,
- Finished Soup
- about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes,
- then gradually whisk in the cream until smooth.
- Add the chicken broth, bay leaves and nutmeg,
- Let cook for about 1 minute, taste and season with salt and pepper
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and carrot to the broth mixture and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaves. Puree the soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
- puree until you still have bits of carrot and broccoli.
- Add the cheese to the soup and whisk over medium heat until melted.
- Add up to 75ml of water if the soup is too thick.
- Ladle into bowls and serve
The Soup to warm you up.
On a cold day, or after spending time outdoors with the family, this hearty and filling dish will warm everyone up. Enjoy with homemade bread or rolls. this dish is a mix made in heaven for your taste buds.
You can watch how some of my recipes are made on my Youtube Channel.