The Best Snack is Homemade Bits and Bites.
If you are like me and have a weakness for snacks like chips, nachos, or cheese puffs then this snack is the best alternative for healthy snacking. The holidays are coming up fast and a batch of Bits and Bites will be great to always have around. If you're waiting for the Super Bowl, another great snack that will not break the bank. This recipe is from my family recipe card stock. Something you should ask your mother or grandmother to make. Basically, it is a brain dump of all the great cooking you grew up on. Our recipe cards are kept under lock and key. Really, on the shelf above the recipe card files, is a lock and key. All kidding aside, this is one of my favorite snacks and very customizable. You can swap out some of the ingredients that are not vital to the recipe. For example peanuts for mixed nuts, or the addition of ring o- lo's® for an extra crunch.
- 1 pkg Cheerio's - Plain
- 1 pkg Shreddies - original
- 2 pkg's - Straight Pretzels
- 2 cans - mixed nuts
- 1 bag Ringolos barbecue flavor
- 2 cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lowery's Season Salt
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- In a large roaster pan, or two. Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F
- Mix spices and oil in a container then pour over the top of the dry ingredients.
- Cover the roaster and put in the oven.
- Stir mixture every 20 minutes for 2 hours.
- Let cool and then enjoy.