Entertaining friends and family and not sure what to make? Try my Artisan Pizza. This simple pizza dough and sauce will let you put anything you want on your pizza and make everyone happy.
The Dough is easy to make and only takes about an hour to rise and then form.
To make the dough, mix all the ingredients together, then knead for about 8 to 10 minutes before you let it proof and rest.
Artisan Pizza Dough
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
An easy pizza dough
- 2 1/4 teaspoon active yeast
- 1 1/3 cups warm water about 105 degrees F
- 3 1/2 cups AP flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix yeast with salt and sugar and let sit for 20 minutes to bloom.
- Add half of the flour, mix then add olive oil.
- Add remaining flour reserving about 1/4 cup for dusting
- Mix and then place on floured cutting board to knead for 8 to 10 minutes
- Put in a warm spot and allow to double in size
- cut in half and form into a pizza circle
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 17 mins
Serves: 1/4 cup
A simple but tasty pizza sauce
- 1/2 can dice, no salt added tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon of salt (Season to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Add tomatoes to a pot, and bring to a boil.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add Oregano and chili flakes
- reduce by half and set aside to cool
Making the pizza sauce is straightforward with only a few ingredients. The secret is the seasonings. As for what you can put on top, I have made a video with a mushroom veggie mix and a BBQ chicken pizza. Be inventive and add whatever you would like and use fresh mozzarella cheese. REMEMBER - all ingredients must be sliced thin as this will cook very fast.
Cooking your pizza
When you have assembled your pizza put into a 550F oven for 5 to 8 minutes and when you see the crust browning and the cheese has melted you should be done. A hot oven makes for rapid cooking and preserving the flavors you have created.
I have created a video on this click here.