The Best and Easiest Banana Bread Recipe I Have.
Banana Bread. Just the words trigger a memory of that smell. Comfort food 101, your nose knows. Some retail outlets use the smell of fresh banana bread to entice you to shop more. It's a fact at a local gas station, the smell of banana bread greets you in the morning when you go to pay for your gas, and of course that loaf of banana bread you just HAD to have.
My recipe is very simple and packed with flavor. But you have to have the right banana's. Not the variety, but the ripeness. Over ripe banana's work the best. When the peel is almost completely brown and the banana is soft, your ready.
Watch how I make my Banana Bread here (click).
The Best Banana Bread
Nothing fancy, just great flavor and texture
- 3 overripe Banana's
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups for AP flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda (fresh)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pure vinilla
- Peel and crush banana's
- Add all wet ingredients into a single bowl and mix
- Combine all dry ingredients and then add wet mixture.
- Completely mix everything until it is all incorporated.
- Pour into a standard bread pan and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. Or until you insert a toothpick into the middle of the bread and it comes out dry.